Wednesday 5 September 2012

The Lone Star State.

Oil, Guns, and Cowboys.

Thats's basically Texas in a nutshell. Sure i could go on for hours about its rich and diverse history. But i won't.

I was excited to see one thing whilst i was in this state. A REAL LIFE FRICKIN' RODEO.

I was not disappointed.

Our only stops in the state were Midland (for a few hours) and Dallas. I know, i know... should have gone to Austin... maybe another time.. but we wanted to see the general demographic of Texas. The white republican.

What better place to go find such people than at a good old american rodeo.

i took 400 pictures at this event.. needless to say many weren't keepers.. but i witled it down to just 68 in my flickr album.


I think this one says it all.

This was saturday night, the next day we went to church... you can re-read the post i wrote about that here

The next place to visit was far less intense than Dallas had been.





No comments:

Post a Comment