Friday 7 September 2012

Fast Forward: Charlotte DNC.

Alrighty then, going fast forward my adventures somewhat to talk about today's events. That's right.. I'm blogging as things are happening! (that's a scary thought!)
So as the tittle suggest, I'm bringing you the trip live as it happens (well happened) here in Charlotte.
So, the morning started with an early start, due to my first CouchSurfing experience, which went very well. The lady that put 'us' (that's a separate story) up was very kind and left me a key out so I could come in late as she'd gone to bed.
So I drove around Charlotte for a while trying t find breakfast places. The satnav did its usual thing of take me to all the places that had shut down..
Finally found a cheap and cheerful place serving typically southern style breakfast: bacon, eggs, and grits.



After filling up the tank (in more ways than one) I decided we should park somewhere on the outskirts near the streetcar line and go into town that way...

Upon arriving in central downtown, it seemed the circus was already well under way... First stop however was: AT&T. Thank the lord for mobile Internet again!
After a bit more mooching around we settled on another Starbucks session to charge and use wifi.

I got bored of that fairly quickly and so decided to go explore the city some more... The following images are what I saw on my 'travels'...











Apologies if any of these shock or offend. But this is the norm over here in the US. And the democrats have caused offence to many religious and pro-life groups who support Anti-Abortion and Also Anti-Homosexuality.

In amongst all this craziness though, we came across some wonderful street music, in the form of a brass band playing some wicked jazz tunes. It was quite the contrast to see and hear everyone enjoying Jazz music on one side of the street, and anti-Semitic and anti-homosexuality on the other.

God bless America ehy.

And all this, and Obama has yet to give his speech... I shall update y'all later with anymore craziness.


Location:Charlotte, NC

No comments:

Post a Comment